Connor Cruise Jumping Ship From Scientology?

Posted on Mar 17 2014 - 3:11pm by Virgilia Coriolanus

Women’s Day Australia recently had an interview with Connor Cruise–son of Nicole Kidman and her ex-husband Tom Cruise. The interview had some rather interesting revelations–apparently Connor Cruise has been in contact with his mother, Nicole, after not wanting to live with her when he was younger, and (most likely) still under the thumb/being influenced by his dad. Which I think is good.

I know that if I had been Nicole, I would have been hurt that my own children didn’t want to spend time with me. But I think it was smart that she did not talk too much about it publicly. Kids know which parent cares about them, and which one doesn’t–by their actions especially. I highly doubt Connor would be giving this interview if Nicole had done interview after interview trashing Tom Cruise (no matter how much I think he deserved it), and the way he was raising their children.

So I’m glad that she has her two oldest ‘babies’ again, and hopefully her two younger kids (Sunday and Faith, right?) get to know their big brother and sister, without Minders watching them all the time. I hope that Nicole carves out more time to see her oldest children–even if she has to fly out to see them.

Virgilia lives in the most godforsaken city and state--South Range, Michigan, with her two parents, four siblings, a farty mini English Bulldog, a cat that likes to fight other cats and chase poor, helpless birds, and her little sister's two stinky, ugly rabbits (aptly named Ugly and Fugly by yours truly). She wishes she were down south somewhere (Tennessee or Texas), and not still stuck in the snow. She enjoys the reading and writing of gossip, as well as novels and fanfictions. Looks like she's in the right place.

1. MK March 17, 2014 at 11:31 pm - Reply

Glad to see Connor in touch with his mom, the relationship between Tom and Nicole and their two kids always seemed really odd!

• Ellias August 26, 2014 at 4:08 pm - Reply

Who tries to separate the kids from their mom, is no brained. When you say “mom” your lips are touching twice; when you say “dad” never touches. No one can take place of a mother , but the dad, is not the one who donates sperm, but the one who raise you. I know these kids are not “natural” for none of these two famous parents, but I am sure Nicole, is a good mother. Too bad Tom didn’t accept, he was dumped, as he doesn’t accept with Katie also, but this guy, despite the fact that was a good actor, nothing is “pushing” him in front, to be seen. Sorry to say, but with a 5.4 man, who is happy? And I tell you why: these short people are so frustrated by their height and they think, every one beside them, has to be the ” slave one” with a scarf on their face, not to be “touched by other men’s eyes” They have the feeling of property very developed. So better for these women in Tom’s life, be with anybody else, but Tom. And the kids are brain washed by him, but now they are adults and realize the “sickness” of their dad’s mind.

2. DD March 18, 2014 at 11:46 am - Reply

He sure has grown up. Hope he stays out of the limelight though.

3. BusyBee March 18, 2014 at 12:02 pm - Reply

He is a special child in the world of Scientology. They do not really follow the rules.

4. Shiny March 23, 2014 at 4:52 pm - Reply

It does seem like she walked away and left those kids behind.

• Virgilia Coriolanus April 17, 2014 at 1:55 pm - Reply

From what I have personally read–basically Tom and Nicole had joint custody of their kids for the first few years, but then when the kids got older, they decided that they wanted to be with their dad.
      I wouldn’t be surprised if that was HIS influence, because according to Scientology dogma, Nicole would have been a ‘suppressive person’ that they would’ve had to stay away from.

Tom Cruise just admitted that same thing when he tried to sue a tabloid for saying that he ‘abandoned’ his daughter, Suri. That deposition was probably the worst thing he could’ve ever done, because it harmed him, and got the tabloid more attention.

In the deposition he said that Katie Holmes was a ‘suppressive person’ and that Sur didn’t practice the religion anymore.

• Jody April 24, 2014 at 3:58 pm - Reply

I don’t think Nicole left them, I think Tom Cruise pushed her out of the marriage and took over the kids, especially their minds

5. LfO March 31, 2014 at 6:25 pm - Reply

Nicole spend years devastated and crying / staying at friends’ after her twisted Mr Cruise had her first children brainwashed by the scientologists to believe their mother was a “subversive person” and to be shunned by anyone who believed in scientology. She had no access to her kids to discuss it with them without scientology minders watching over her and them. All her phone calls to them were monitored. She was left ruined hurt and lonely by that whole experience. Hopefully those kids will come in contact with real world people who let them know how much scientology manipulates members and their families, and why the damn cult is banned in European countries.

6. Sara March 31, 2014 at 7:45 pm - Reply

I would think that after all the issues and problems with Tom and scientology and his wives that any derision towards Nicole Kidman would resolve itself. Scientology does not seem to give the other party an opportunity to have your children. That would certainly explain why kate Holmes arranged everything prior to separation.

• Virgilia Coriolanus April 17, 2014 at 1:57 pm - Reply

Yes, when you feel the need to use BURNER PHONES to get away from your husband and divorce him—there’s an issue. I would’ve thought that it would’ve gotten a lot more traction, at least in the domestic abuse circles, because that’s what it smacks of. My mom read about that, and she doesn’t read gossip at all.

• Paddy June 30, 2014 at 11:43 am - Reply

YES, SHE does read gossip if she “read that”

• nunya September 26, 2014 at 8:51 am - Reply

Don’t be so literal, her mother could have just stumbled upon it one day. It really is not that serious. What does it matter to you so much anyway? lol get a life please

• devs October 17, 2014 at 4:05 am - Reply

Actually the story of Tom and Nicole was in reputable newspapers like The New York Times, LA Times, Washington Post, so she is correct in saying it wasn’t “gossip”. The break up was an International story due to the shadiness of Scientology.

7. Doubtful April 14, 2014 at 1:57 pm - Reply

The Cruise kids are all grown up now and do what they wish. Their relationship with the so-called church was a very strong influence on their lives. Walking away at this point for either Conner or Bella would be difficult, at best. Even Tom has taken a quieter place as the CO$ has most likely instructed him to do in the wake of lawsuits, dissappearances, and the like. The Cruise children do not know what a ‘real ‘life is. They grew up in opulence, without barriers, and with ‘minders’ watching their every move. They are typical “Hollywood” kids who have always felt that they were entitled to whatever…their birthright so-to-speak. Their relationship with Nicole is cordial at best. Since she married Keith Urban, they have not been seen with them much at all. Bella one time in Australia (during her blue-haired phase)..and Connor has not been seen with Keith since the wedding.

8. fivefeetunder April 14, 2014 at 2:17 pm - Reply

This article is dumb. Its title should be ”Connor Cruise Reconnecting with His Mom?”, since that’s what it’s about. There is no mention of Scientology anywhere in it save for a single flippant mentioning of ”minders” at the end. Yes, his reconnection with Kidman might mean he’s jumping the Scientology ship, but it also could just mean he’s become a country music/Keith Urban fan. Without any other corroborating info. it is all just idiotic speculation.
    Also, ”I know that if I had been Nicole, I would have been hurt that my own children didn’t want to spend time with me”? Bold statement.
    This writing is crap.

• SorryIReadThis September 12, 2014 at 12:09 pm - Reply

i have to admit the writing style of this blog is TERRIBLE. It’s all speculation with no facts and the writer just seems like a 10 year old trying to act like a genuine adult reporter. Give it up…

9. Marc April 14, 2014 at 7:28 pm - Reply

Glad to see he is getting out of a cult like Scientology

10. Jim April 16, 2014 at 2:18 pm - Reply

Calling the article crap is a touch strong, but more substance to the article would have been nice.

Some light (very light) binging revealed: 1) Scientology is not banned in Europe, but is under scrutiny in Germany; most Germans hate it worse than we do. 2) Supporters and detractors of Scientology are banned from Wikipedia. According to Wikipedia, both sides used “battlefield tactics”. Guess which side was worse. 3) Scientology has received some support by the US Government in lobbying Germany, banning a book critical of Scientology. I seriously doubt there is any real conspiracy to help the “religion”, just seems odd.

11. Carol Reaby April 21, 2014 at 2:48 pm - Reply

I think that Tom has been a wonderful father to them. I once spoke to Connor Cruise on Twitter and I asked him “Is your father as good a father as I thin he is” and he answered ” My father is incrdible. No-one has a better father than I do. I think Nicole Kidman left her adopted children behind. Katie HOlmes had dueal custody. Nicole had this too but she never followed it up. Let us put blame where the blame shoud lie. Tom Cruise is not an evil person but a loving father and NIcole Kidman is not a loving mother.

• curious April 29, 2014 at 8:30 pm - Reply

and just how do you know this?? are you some authority? Just maybe no blame is needed to placed on anywhere

• jinky boo August 11, 2014 at 10:10 pm - Reply

you are an idiot go buy a brain at the brain store

12. Carol Reaby April 21, 2014 at 2:51 pm - Reply

My spelling is not so bad. I am typing in the dark and therefore making mistakes. I just want to emphasis the Tom Cruise is the father that his adopted children chose over their adopted mother. I feel he gets a bad rap totally unfairly. Both his adopted children love himt to pieces and his Suri loves him as well. Let us not judge these people by magazine articles but instead by who they choose to love.

• Pamela Dominey April 25, 2014 at 10:16 pm - Reply

I am pretty sure that I read that some people who have left Scientology since Tom and Nicole’s divorce have talked about how the church brainwashed the kids and turned them against Nicole. It doesn’t appear that Tom was a very upstanding person in the situation with Nicole and the kids.

• devs October 17, 2014 at 4:23 am - Reply

Tom had the children take a course that taught them their mother was an SP or “Suppressive Person”. They were terrified of her and told people they did not want to see her. That certainly fits the definition of “brain washing” and also parental alienation. The courts should have removed the children from Tom’s care, but Scientology is very wealthy and the amount of money it would take was more than any Attorney General was willing to spend. Scientology is on the decline, especially after Tom’s latest lawsuit and admission that Katie left due to Scientology and her fear that Suri would be influenced by it. Their latest campaign to make Leah Remini out to be insane was laughed at and the “church” lost a tremendous amount of respect and uncovered the “shunning” and breaking apart of families that happens when someone decides to leave. Nicole’s kids didn’t even go to their Grandfather’s funeral because Scientologist hate psychiatry and psychology and Nicole’s Dad was a highly regarded Clinical Psychologist in Australia. It’s an evil cult.

13. Zinnia Coco April 25, 2014 at 8:23 pm - Reply

Carol – sad to have to work all hours in the dark. I bet you get tired.

14. Reine April 27, 2014 at 1:38 pm - Reply

Nicole went through hell losing her kids because of Scientology which I feel is a cult. I was happy that she married Keith Urban & are good parents & are a happy family. Keith is the real deal, Tom is more of a phony. Scientology screws people up.

• Sushshaf October 30, 2014 at 5:26 pm - Reply

Does Scientology screw up people or are confused people drawn to it and hoodwinked by it?

15. BusyBee May 6, 2014 at 7:04 pm - Reply

I just hope that Nicole has been able to move forward with her life, and it’s lovely connor is back in her life.

16. Pamela June 9, 2014 at 7:07 am - Reply

I am sure they’ll make their own decisions now that they’re adults.

17. Tasos826 June 16, 2014 at 7:47 am - Reply

Interesting and telling that faith holds priority in Connor’s life, and that he thinks about his relationship with God. Good for him.

Naturally, I am pleased to read this news, because I personally believe that Scientology is a cult, and I would very much prefer that Connor pursue a bible-based, Jesus-centered Christian faith, through which he may apply his God-given gifts and talents in service of others to glorify God.

May God draw Connor to His Son’s cross to learn about His resurrection, and why and how He paid the sin debts of those who come to take Him as their Lord and Savior, to save Connor from eternal damnation and liberate him to live eternally with God.

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16)

• dolly surprise September 9, 2014 at 11:32 am - Reply

So you’d rather Connor replace one ridiculous religion/belief system with another? It’s better to find truth and happiness that is grounded in reality.

• SorryIReadThis September 12, 2014 at 12:12 pm - Reply

Amen!

• Marie September 21, 2014 at 3:27 am - Reply

KEEP YOUR RELIGIOUS RANTINGS TO YOURSELF! IF THIS BOY HAS JUST ESCAPED ONE RELIGIOUS CULT HE CERTAINLY DOESN’T NEED THE DOGMA, DELUSIONS, GUILT TRIPS & BAGGAGE OF ANOTHER!!

18. Pamela June 30, 2014 at 8:48 am - Reply

I wonder what’s going on with Connor these days, hope he’s doing well!

19. Intelligence August 13, 2014 at 3:01 am - Reply

All of you calling Scientology a Cult have obviously not bothered to pick up a book by L. Ron Hubbard and read it or take a course or get auditing at the Church. ( Which has had to defend itself for forty years against the IRS and WON and was PROVEN to be a religion) Stop bashing Tom Cruise and stop bashing Scientology just because you don’t understand it. This is America! Freedom of Religion. Freedom of speech, too, so go ahead and talk, but really, you ought to get your facts straight. The title of this article is total BS. It had nothing about Conner leaving the Church. That was just an attention ploy by the writer and obviously it worked because few of you talked about the article, instead, I see a lot of Scientology bashing. Lots of people are Jewish and don’t attend Synagog and I know many who eat ham. Lots of Catholics don’t go every Sunday. I see PLENTY of Muslims in my country committing “Haram” (A sin against their religion) by wearing short sleeves and drinking alcohol and gambling and having sex before they are married. Leave religion out of it. That’s between a person and God, and by that I mean that person’s conception of God. And there are Atheists out there, too, and they have a right to believe there is no God. It’s between the person and themselves. Stop dragging it into everything. A person is as he behaves and how he behaves is how you will know him. I don’t see Tom Cruise or Nicole Kidman behaving in a nasty evil way. Both moved on, both got busy working, and Katie Holmes too. And what business is it of ours anyway? Because they are celebrities? We think we have a right to be all in their private lives? The media makes money off of SCANDAL. Every headline in order to get people worked up and to buy their magazine has to have SEX, BIG MONEY, CONTROVERSY, and promotes scandal. So shame on yourselves for falling for that crap. You don’t know Tom. You don’t know Nicole. Those of you ridiculing Scientology don’t know Scientology. Millions of people are getting help there and good for them. Stop listening to the one Psycho who left because he was a criminal and was found out and told he had to clean up his act or get out. (Which ANY respectable church would do by the way-insist a person get ethical or get out. Such as all the Priests in other religions who seem to like little boys!) They few people you hear ranting, well, that’s them. Criminal and don’t want to stop being criminal so attack those that try to help them. Wake up people. Worry about your own damned life and stop this crazy speculation and name calling.

• jaded August 26, 2014 at 12:55 am - Reply

Aw honey, you need to get back to mopping the floor on Sea Org.

• Shane September 3, 2014 at 2:07 am - Reply

Scientology is a joke. And yes, I read Hubbard’s insane book. But I agree, it’s definitely a “religion” just like all other religions in which you believe in something that doesn’t really exist.

• dolly surprise September 9, 2014 at 11:34 am - Reply

The freedom of speech you used to defend Scientology also means the rest of us are free to say whatever we want about Scientology as well. If Scientology wants respect, it should operate as a respectful organization. It doesn’t, and we’re free to point this out in the hopes that other people won’t be victimized by this “church”.

• Geanine jones September 22, 2014 at 5:54 am - Reply

Kirstie………is that YOU? Your TONE sounds a wee bit angry. People that make a personal CHOICE, to become actors automatically surrender ALL PRIVACY, comes with the territory, sorry. Any person that is FORCED, to disassociate from people who CHOOSE to leave, hmmmm, sends up a GIANT RED FLAG. I believe all organized religion is for weak people who have to be INSTRUCTED, to be MORAL, KIND, LOVING, humans. Religion=judgments, pure and simple. I believe in God, but because of FAITH. Being SUCKED INTO, any organized RELIGION, is surrendering a person’s mind/ free-will. Do the Math. And as far as Tom and Nicole’s children go, God bless them, THEY DIDN’T GET TO CHOOSE ANYTHING…:’(

• OT7 September 25, 2014 at 2:56 pm - Reply

You are obviously apart of the occult or you would not be defending such trash! Hubbard was nothing more than a fraud and scam artist and YOU are dumb enough to believe its a religion ha! It is a money making scam, thats why they even had a secret project to target celebs as new recruits, WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD PAY TO HAVE SOMEONE TELL YOU THAT YOU HAVE TO BE “CLEAR” IN ORDER TO BE ENLIGHTENED! CRAZY CRUISE SHOULD BE HIS NAME AND GAY TRAVOLTA ALL SCIENTOLOGISTS ARE IDIOTS AND SERIOUSLY NEED A REAL LIFE!

20. Katy August 15, 2014 at 11:17 pm - Reply

I find it ironic that people who know nothing about cults and cult practices, make comments about how the children “chose” Nicole. Please do your due diligence and research how Scientology operates before making comments about how people, (both children and adults) make life decisions.
    Even adults are not “free” to just leave the organization.
    I have experience in this matter, so I speak from first hand knowledge.

• jaded August 26, 2014 at 12:56 am - Reply

So they’re hostages? Good to know.

21. Winn August 19, 2014 at 2:53 pm - Reply

Connor looks So-o-o-o-o- much like Tom Cruise. I wonder if he is ACTUALLY Tom’s biological child adopted so that he (Connor ) could legally benefit from Tom’s success without having to explain having a child outside of his marriage…. not to mention the repercussions from the Church of Scientology. The resemblance is truly uncanny.

• nunya September 26, 2014 at 8:55 am - Reply

That kid looks NOTHING like Tom Cruise. That kid is clearly half black..

22. ProfessorTruth August 28, 2014 at 2:23 pm - Reply

L. Ron Hubbard was a science fiction writer who did some interesting work. I have read ALL of it. When he decided to be the “high priest” of a CULT that has practiced violence against opponents (such as putting a rattle snake in a mail box). It is little different from the cult whose leader took them to South America and then had them poisoned for GOD (his version).

Anyone subscribing to or supporting Scientology (NOT scientific) is only slightly different from the Germans who supported Hitler in the 1930s (before the War and Holocaust).

23. Brianna September 15, 2014 at 9:29 am - Reply

What a horrible article. Where are the quotes from the interview to back up your story? Terrible journalism if you ask me.

24. JD September 16, 2014 at 8:10 pm - Reply

I have read each of the posts. The main issue, Nicole’s children have decided on their own (I hope) to see THEIR mother.

Regarding parents that live in a high profile file, it is a chosen line of work. Choosing this field of WORK, they knew their lives would never be private. This is part of the job. The public provides their wealth. Their children did not chose this life, but it was chose for them.

Just like Conner and his sister, they are adults now; they are making their own decisions in life.

25. nunya September 26, 2014 at 8:54 am - Reply

umm… am I the only one who notices that Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruises “BIOLOGICAL” son between them, is half black???

26. jane September 27, 2014 at 9:23 am - Reply

Cant be serious that these spoilt people al ur attention. What have they achieved?. Average kids have prob achieved more without al the sooils of rich mummy and daddy. The rruth. The end

27. jane September 27, 2014 at 9:30 am - Reply

And thats the truth…yip typn in dark. Soz. But im more amazed at the efforts kids do in their futures without rich olds. Thats the realy cool kids thats strength of character. Spoilt kids r wel what rich olds moneys makes them to be. Just my opinion tho.

28. jane September 27, 2014 at 9:44 am - Reply

The real heros in our world r the parents who raise their kids with love and kindnes….doctors and nurses who dedicate more than anyone to their daunting carers.

29. jane September 27, 2014 at 9:47 am - Reply

Id looove to no what bond u realy hav with ur child if uv used nannies alot?. Think bout it

30. jane September 27, 2014 at 10:08 am - Reply

Oh and plse leave his wieight alone. Isnt our world more educated by now about things like eatting disorders and how they can be caused. We r al diferent….we should enjoy food…hear that fashion designers. Make clothes with picturrs of cakes and hotdogs i say…go connot cruise…enjo

31. Chris L October 7, 2014 at 10:47 pm - Reply

It’s unbelievable how many internet blogs post incredibly misleading titles for their articles, in an attempt to get views. Not even ONCE did it mention ANYTHING about Scientology in the article, yet the title is “Connor Cruise Jumping Ship From Scientology?”??? You guys are pathetic.