Connor Cruise Jumping Ship From Scientology?

Posted on Mar 17 2014 - 3:11pm by Virgilia Coriolanus

Women’s Day Australia recently had an interview with Connor Cruise–son of Nicole Kidman and her ex-husband Tom Cruise. The interview had some rather interesting revelations–apparently Connor Cruise has been in contact with his mother, Nicole, after not wanting to live with her when he was younger, and (most likely) still under the thumb/being influenced by his dad. Which I think is good.

I know that if I had been Nicole, I would have been hurt that my own children didn’t want to spend time with me. But I think it was smart that she did not talk too much about it publicly. Kids know which parent cares about them, and which one doesn’t–by their actions especially. I highly doubt Connor would be giving this interview if Nicole had done interview after interview trashing Tom Cruise (no matter how much I think he deserved it), and the way he was raising their children.

So I’m glad that she has her two oldest ‘babies’ again, and hopefully her two younger kids (Sunday and Faith, right?) get to know their big brother and sister, without Minders watching them all the time. I hope that Nicole carves out more time to see her oldest children–even if she has to fly out to see them.

Virgilia lives in the most godforsaken city and state--South Range, Michigan, with her two parents, four siblings, a farty mini English Bulldog, a cat that likes to fight other cats and chase poor, helpless birds, and her little sister's two stinky, ugly rabbits (aptly named Ugly and Fugly by yours truly). She wishes she were down south somewhere (Tennessee or Texas), and not still stuck in the snow. She enjoys the reading and writing of gossip, as well as novels and fanfictions. Looks like she's in the right place.

1. MK March 17, 2014 at 11:31 pm - Reply

Glad to see Connor in touch with his mom, the relationship between Tom and Nicole and their two kids always seemed really odd!

2. DD March 18, 2014 at 11:46 am - Reply

He sure has grown up. Hope he stays out of the limelight though.

3. BusyBee March 18, 2014 at 12:02 pm - Reply

He is a special child in the world of Scientology. They do not really follow the rules.

4. Shiny March 23, 2014 at 4:52 pm - Reply

It does seem like she walked away and left those kids behind.

• Virgilia Coriolanus April 17, 2014 at 1:55 pm - Reply

From what I have personally read–basically Tom and Nicole had joint custody of their kids for the first few years, but then when the kids got older, they decided that they wanted to be with their dad.
      I wouldn’t be surprised if that was HIS influence, because according to Scientology dogma, Nicole would have been a ‘suppressive person’ that they would’ve had to stay away from.

Tom Cruise just admitted that same thing when he tried to sue a tabloid for saying that he ‘abandoned’ his daughter, Suri. That deposition was probably the worst thing he could’ve ever done, because it harmed him, and got the tabloid more attention.

In the deposition he said that Katie Holmes was a ‘suppressive person’ and that Sur didn’t practice the religion anymore.

• Jody April 24, 2014 at 3:58 pm - Reply

I don’t think Nicole left them, I think Tom Cruise pushed her out of the marriage and took over the kids, especially their minds

5. LfO March 31, 2014 at 6:25 pm - Reply

Nicole spend years devastated and crying / staying at friends’ after her twisted Mr Cruise had her first children brainwashed by the scientologists to believe their mother was a “subversive person” and to be shunned by anyone who believed in scientology. She had no access to her kids to discuss it with them without scientology minders watching over her and them. All her phone calls to them were monitored. She was left ruined hurt and lonely by that whole experience. Hopefully those kids will come in contact with real world people who let them know how much scientology manipulates members and their families, and why the damn cult is banned in European countries.

6. Sara March 31, 2014 at 7:45 pm - Reply

I would think that after all the issues and problems with Tom and scientology and his wives that any derision towards Nicole Kidman would resolve itself. Scientology does not seem to give the other party an opportunity to have your children. That would certainly explain why kate Holmes arranged everything prior to separation.

• Virgilia Coriolanus April 17, 2014 at 1:57 pm - Reply

Yes, when you feel the need to use BURNER PHONES to get away from your husband and divorce him—there’s an issue. I would’ve thought that it would’ve gotten a lot more traction, at least in the domestic abuse circles, because that’s what it smacks of. My mom read about that, and she doesn’t read gossip at all.

• Paddy June 30, 2014 at 11:43 am - Reply

YES, SHE does read gossip if she “read that”

7. Doubtful April 14, 2014 at 1:57 pm - Reply

The Cruise kids are all grown up now and do what they wish. Their relationship with the so-called church was a very strong influence on their lives. Walking away at this point for either Conner or Bella would be difficult, at best. Even Tom has taken a quieter place as the CO$ has most likely instructed him to do in the wake of lawsuits, dissappearances, and the like. The Cruise children do not know what a ‘real ‘life is. They grew up in opulence, without barriers, and with ‘minders’ watching their every move. They are typical “Hollywood” kids who have always felt that they were entitled to whatever…their birthright so-to-speak. Their relationship with Nicole is cordial at best. Since she married Keith Urban, they have not been seen with them much at all. Bella one time in Australia (during her blue-haired phase)..and Connor has not been seen with Keith since the wedding.

8. fivefeetunder April 14, 2014 at 2:17 pm - Reply

This article is dumb. Its title should be ”Connor Cruise Reconnecting with His Mom?”, since that’s what it’s about. There is no mention of Scientology anywhere in it save for a single flippant mentioning of ”minders” at the end. Yes, his reconnection with Kidman might mean he’s jumping the Scientology ship, but it also could just mean he’s become a country music/Keith Urban fan. Without any other corroborating info. it is all just idiotic speculation.
    Also, ”I know that if I had been Nicole, I would have been hurt that my own children didn’t want to spend time with me”? Bold statement.
    This writing is crap.

9. Marc April 14, 2014 at 7:28 pm - Reply

Glad to see he is getting out of a cult like Scientology

10. Jim April 16, 2014 at 2:18 pm - Reply

Calling the article crap is a touch strong, but more substance to the article would have been nice.

Some light (very light) binging revealed: 1) Scientology is not banned in Europe, but is under scrutiny in Germany; most Germans hate it worse than we do. 2) Supporters and detractors of Scientology are banned from Wikipedia. According to Wikipedia, both sides used “battlefield tactics”. Guess which side was worse. 3) Scientology has received some support by the US Government in lobbying Germany, banning a book critical of Scientology. I seriously doubt there is any real conspiracy to help the “religion”, just seems odd.

11. Carol Reaby April 21, 2014 at 2:48 pm - Reply

I think that Tom has been a wonderful father to them. I once spoke to Connor Cruise on Twitter and I asked him “Is your father as good a father as I thin he is” and he answered ” My father is incrdible. No-one has a better father than I do. I think Nicole Kidman left her adopted children behind. Katie HOlmes had dueal custody. Nicole had this too but she never followed it up. Let us put blame where the blame shoud lie. Tom Cruise is not an evil person but a loving father and NIcole Kidman is not a loving mother.

• curious April 29, 2014 at 8:30 pm - Reply

and just how do you know this?? are you some authority? Just maybe no blame is needed to placed on anywhere

12. Carol Reaby April 21, 2014 at 2:51 pm - Reply

My spelling is not so bad. I am typing in the dark and therefore making mistakes. I just want to emphasis the Tom Cruise is the father that his adopted children chose over their adopted mother. I feel he gets a bad rap totally unfairly. Both his adopted children love himt to pieces and his Suri loves him as well. Let us not judge these people by magazine articles but instead by who they choose to love.

• Pamela Dominey April 25, 2014 at 10:16 pm - Reply

I am pretty sure that I read that some people who have left Scientology since Tom and Nicole’s divorce have talked about how the church brainwashed the kids and turned them against Nicole. It doesn’t appear that Tom was a very upstanding person in the situation with Nicole and the kids.

13. Zinnia Coco April 25, 2014 at 8:23 pm - Reply

Carol – sad to have to work all hours in the dark. I bet you get tired.

14. Reine April 27, 2014 at 1:38 pm - Reply

Nicole went through hell losing her kids because of Scientology which I feel is a cult. I was happy that she married Keith Urban & are good parents & are a happy family. Keith is the real deal, Tom is more of a phony. Scientology screws people up.

15. BusyBee May 6, 2014 at 7:04 pm - Reply

I just hope that Nicole has been able to move forward with her life, and it’s lovely connor is back in her life.

16. Pamela June 9, 2014 at 7:07 am - Reply

I am sure they’ll make their own decisions now that they’re adults.

17. Tasos826 June 16, 2014 at 7:47 am - Reply

Interesting and telling that faith holds priority in Connor’s life, and that he thinks about his relationship with God. Good for him.

Naturally, I am pleased to read this news, because I personally believe that Scientology is a cult, and I would very much prefer that Connor pursue a bible-based, Jesus-centered Christian faith, through which he may apply his God-given gifts and talents in service of others to glorify God.

May God draw Connor to His Son’s cross to learn about His resurrection, and why and how He paid the sin debts of those who come to take Him as their Lord and Savior, to save Connor from eternal damnation and liberate him to live eternally with God.

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16)

18. Pamela June 30, 2014 at 8:48 am - Reply

I wonder what’s going on with Connor these days, hope he’s doing well!