Bindi Irwin Says Time Doesn’t Heal the Loss Of Her Father Steve Irwin (PHOTO)

Bindi Irwin Says Time Doesn't Heal the Loss Of Her Father Steve Irwin (PHOTO)

I think everyone was a bit sad back in 2006 when “Crocodile Hunter” Steve Irwin was killed in a stingray attack. It was one of those things that you knew could happen but for whatever reason still didn’t expect it to. He was a pro and in a moment we were all reminded that the animals were still ultimately in control of him. Bindi Irwin was only 8-years old when her father died and now she is finally starting to talk about her loss a little bit.

According to an interview in the Aug. 4th print edition of People Magazine Bindi says that being told that time heals all wounds is the biggest lie ever, because it doesn’t. Sure, she and her family have moved on but there is a sadness that remains. Her 10-year old brother Robert studies their late fathers videos with intensity and Bindi likes to read all of the letters that he sent home while traveling the world. Her fathers own words bring more comfort than anything else can.

Bindi is also working as a youth ambassador for SeaWorld because she believes it’s a great way to help keep her fathers work and memory alive. She also helps to organize her families yearly crocodile research trip because it was an event that her father loved. While giving back is important Bindi still does little things to feel her father’s presence. Steve last his hand prints in concrete right outside of the family home in the Australia Zoo. Both Bindi and Robert like to put their hands in the prints to connect with Steve.

It’s cool to see Bindi growing up and turning into such an amazing young woman in spite of her hurt, isn’t it? Tell us your thoughts in the comments below!

Comments

1. Jen says

I’m sorry that’s how she feels but that’s a bad thing to say when others are just freshly grieving. Time dos heal. You do get to a place where you are happy and move on with your life. I have been there ;(

2. Jen says

I think Bindi being a Seaworld Ambassador is a good thing. But I’d specially like to see her step out from under her father’s shadow and flourish while looking back and smiling at his memory.

3. says

It seems hard to believe its been so long since he died. From everything I have read and from previous interviews she is such a strong, inspiring girl. Her father would be so proud!

4. says

I was a such a huge fan, still remember that day. Still bring tears to my eyes. We are an avid “animal lover” family and we loved him. I am so glad she is following in her father’s footsteps.

5. says

Love the update on Bindi- I can’t believe its been so long. Great to see she is following in her father’s footsteps and doesn’t have resentment

6. says

Aww that is so hard to hear, I think that’s what makes her stronger now. And I believe her father is very proud of what she’s become. :)

7. Brenda grogan says

Bindi your so smart, you have the insight to see what leads these areas into the issues they have. I agree, over population leads to starvation disease and poverty. Stop the over population even if it is by rape which is a whole other problem in these countries and I believe you will be on the road to a better life for all. To the one who wrote this article, Your the picture of ignorance.